Skip to main content

sales@mediastorehouse.com
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Images Dated > 2008 > August > 4 Aug 2008

Images Dated 4th August 2008

Choose from 109 pictures in our Images Dated 4th August 2008 collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Plaque binding (plaque de reliure), champleve enamel on copper, 13th century, (1931) Featured 4 Aug 2008 Image

Plaque binding (plaque de reliure), champleve enamel on copper, 13th century, (1931)

Plaque binding (plaque de reliure), champleve enamel on copper, 13th century, (1931). Found in the collection of the Musee du Louvre, Paris. A print from the L'Illustration, 1931

© The Print Collector / Heritage-Images

13th Century, Angel, Art, Artefact, Artifact, Arts, Binding, Century, Christ, Christian, Christianity, Color, Colour, Copper, Country, Crucified, Crucifix, Crucifixion, Enamel, France, French, Jesus, Jesus Christ, Location, Mediaeval, Medieval, Metal, Middle Ages, Object, Painted, Plaque, Print Collector8, Religion, Religious, Saint, The Print Collector, Thirteenth Century

Photographic representation of the Battle of Austerlitz Featured 4 Aug 2008 Image

Photographic representation of the Battle of Austerlitz

Photographic representation of the Battle of Austerlitz. Regarded as Napoleon Bonaparte's greatest victory, Austerlitz (1805) was a sublime trap that destroyed the armies of his enemies Russia and Austria. Tricking his opponents into thinking he was weaker than he actually was, and then calling in nearby reinforcements, Bonaparte initially met the combined Allied army of 85, 000 men and 278 guns with just 66, 000 men. After much hard fighting the French crushed the Allies. Thousands of fleeing troops drowned when a frozen lake split under the weight of men and guns. French losses amounted to 8000 while the Russian and Austrian emperors, present at the battle, saw more than 27, 000 men killed, wounded and captured. Bonaparte also captured 180 cannon

© The Print Collector / Heritage-Images

The Sir Paul Pindar public house, Bishopsgate Street, London, 1887 Featured 4 Aug 2008 Image

The Sir Paul Pindar public house, Bishopsgate Street, London, 1887

The Sir Paul Pindar public house, Bishopsgate Street, London, 1887. This building was the home of Sir Paul Pindar, a merchant who was ambassador for King James I to the Ottoman Empire from 1611-1620. In the 18th century it was turned into a public house bearing its previous owner's name. It was demolished in 1890 to make way for the building of Liverpool Street Station. A print from The Illustrated London News, 26th February 1887

© The Print Collector / Heritage-Images