sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 

Our Watermill Collection of Images

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 30 pictures in our Our Watermill Collection of Images collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured Print

'Old Mill - Reems's Creek', 1872. Creator: Frederick William Quartley

'Old Mill - Reems's Creek', 1872. Water mill on Reem's Creek, a tributary of the French Broad River, North Carolina, USA: '...one of the landmarks of the days when it was a struggle between the Indian and the pale-face as to which should hold the land. The creek rises in the Black Mountains, and empties into the French Broad; and the mill is historic as being the oldest building this side of the mountains. It was built there by the settler from whom its name is derived, as a sort of fort, something of a store, and a little of a mill. The old ford of the French Broad is just at the mouth of the creek, and it is a part of the tradition of the neighborhood that Daniel Boone here first learned to shoot Indians and bears'. From "Picturesque America; or, The Land We Live In, A Delineation by Pen and Pencil of the Mountains, Rivers, Lakes...with Illustrations on Steel and Wood by Eminent American Artists" Vol. I, edited by William Cullen Bryant. [D. Appleton and Company, New York, 1872]

© The Print Collector/Heritage Images

Featured Print

'Shalford Mill', c1910, (1914). Artist: James S Ogilvy

'Shalford Mill', c1910, (1914). Shalford Mill is an 18th-century watermill located on the River Tillingbourne in Shalford, near Guildford, Surrey. The Domesday Book records a mill being present on the site in 1086, one of the five mills recorded as part of the great manor of Bramley. In 1932 the mill was endowed to the National Trust by Ferguson's Gang. Ferguson's Gang formed in 1927, at Tothill Fields, London and was run by an anonymous board of women who raised funds for the National Trust from 1930-1947. The present timber framed building, built c1750 housed two separate mills. The eastern half of the mill ceased operation in the 19th century and was converted for residential use. The western half remained in operation until 1914 and is now open to the public. From A Pilgrimage In Surrey, Vol. 1, by James S. Ogilvy. [George Routledge & Sons Limited, London, 1914]

© The Print Collector