Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Neo Classicism Gallery

Available as Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 378 pictures in our Neo Classicism collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Birmingham Town Hall and Queen's College. Creator: Samuel Lines Featured Print

Birmingham Town Hall and Queen's College. Creator: Samuel Lines

Birmingham Town Hall and Queen's College. The foreground of this painting is now Victoria Square, Birmingham. The pillars of the Town Hall protrude from behind a castellated building known in the 18th century as Allin's Cabinet of Curiosities. This building and others were purchased in 1853 for the building of the Council House, which started in 1874

© Heritage Art/Heritage Images

Cannel Coal Vase, 1845. Creator: Unknown Featured Print

Cannel Coal Vase, 1845. Creator: Unknown

Cannel Coal Vase, 1845. The fine variety of Coal known as "Cannel," is now employed, at a moderate cost, as a substitute for black marble, for the pedestals of statues, plinths, ink- stands, time-piece cases, &c. It is worked with comparative ease; being turned out of the block by means of the lathe, and the tools are similar to those employed in cutting wood or brass...The material was obtained from the Coal-works on the Rotherham-road, [near Sheffield]. The design is an elegant Vase, or rather patera, placed on a fluted column of the same material; the whole being eleven inches in height...'. The vase was made by John Dallaway from coal found on an estate of the Duke of Norfolk. It was bought by Prince Albert for an amount which [Dalloway] considers a handsome purchase'. From "Illustrated London News", 1845, Vol VII

© The Print Collector/Heritage Images

New Baptist Chapel, Leicester, 1845. Creator: Unknown Featured Print

New Baptist Chapel, Leicester, 1845. Creator: Unknown

New Baptist Chapel, Leicester, 1845. The new Chapel is from the design of Mr. Joseph Hansom, Architect of the Birmingham Town Hall. It is circular in plan, with galleries and the other fittings peculiar to that religious body. The mode in which the light is admitted, though somewhat novel as applied to places of worship, is found to be highly efficient, and to produce a very agreeable effect...The main Chapel will accommodate about 1,500 persons. There are also a Lecture room and School-room...In the evening, an admirable and appropriate sermon was preached ty Dr. Cox, from the words, "This is none other than the House of God, and this is the gate of Heaven." The Chapel was again full, and, lighted up with gas, presented a brilliant appearance. Upwards of £60 was collected at the close of the service. The total of collections was £760.'. From "Illustrated London News", 1845, Vol VII

© The Print Collector/Heritage Images