Skip to main content

sales@mediastorehouse.com
Tel: (678) 701-8254

Captain George Varlo Gallery

Available as Prints and Gift Items

Choose from 7 pictures in our Captain George Varlo collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Droit Office & Pier, 1820. Artist: John Shury
Droit Office & Pier, 1820. Artist: John Shury
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Light House & Pier, 1820. Artist: John Shury
Light House & Pier, 1820. Artist: John Shury
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
High Street & Garners Library from Marine Parade, 1820. Artist: John Shury
High Street & Garners Library from Marine Parade, 1820. Artist: John Shury
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
The Steam Boats, leaving Margate, 1820. Artist: John Shury
The Steam Boats, leaving Margate, 1820. Artist: John Shury
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Marine Parade & Harbour, 1820. Artist: John Shury
Marine Parade & Harbour, 1820. Artist: John Shury
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
High Street & Front of Bathing Houses, 1820. Artist: John Shury
High Street & Front of Bathing Houses, 1820. Artist: John Shury
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
The Back of Bathing Houses, 1820. Artist: John Shury
The Back of Bathing Houses, 1820. Artist: John Shury
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Droit Office & Pier, 1820. Artist: John Shury Featured Image

Droit Office & Pier, 1820. Artist: John Shury

Droit Office & Pier, 1820. Margate is a seaside town in the district of Thanet in Kent. The town's history is tied closely to the sea and it has a proud maritime tradition. In the 18th century, a droit was the fee a ship paid to enter harbour. Built in 1812 the Droit Office on Margate's pier became the Customs House in 1828. After Captain George Varlo. From Picture of Margate, and its Vicinity, by WC Oulton, Esq., author of the Traveller's Guide. Illustrated with a Map and Twenty Views, engraved by JJ Shury, from Drawings by Captain G Varlo, by WC Oulton. [Baldwin Craddock & Jay Paternoster, London, 1820]

© The Print Collector